Eligibility and Requirements
- At this time, general Making Center access is available to all Parsons students regardless of program or year level. If physical distancing guidelines require limiting access in the future, priority will be given to students in their final year of study in making based programs (all BFA, MFA, and M.ARCH programs, as well as the AAS Interior Design and Fashion Design programs) who have completed required orientations and are already authorized to use equipment.
- All students, including first year students, currently have access to the Making Center Tool Check Out, and can reserve space to work in select open work areas on campus.
- For all Making Center resources except Tool Check Out and open work spaces, students must have completed required orientations in previous semesters and already be authorized to use equipment.
- Given distancing requirements, orientations for the Spring 2021 semester will be offered on a very limited basis. In most cases, students will retain their Spring 2020 authorization status.
- Students interested in submitting work digitally to be produced for pick up (for laser cutting, CNC, 3D printing) will be able to complete an online orientation or technician consultation in order to access those services.
- As outlined in the university access to campus protocols, negative results from a Covid-19 test will be required before reserving space to work on campus. Up-to-date information on testing and screening resources can be found here.
- In most cases, online consultation with Making Center technicians will be required before (or in select instances, immediately after) making reservations for space or equipment.
- Students are limited to one building for reserving space. Students will be unable to move between buildings to access different making spaces, so please select your building carefully when reserving use of on campus space/equipment.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed in the Making Center. Students may reserve space in the University Center (UC) cafeteria to eat. Appropriate PPE and social distancing is required. You may remove your mask while eating in your assigned area. To allow for proper clearing between break times, we kindly request that you be sure to limit your time to 30 minutes. Visit the cafeteria scheduling platform to reserve a seat.