- The E2 CNC Shop will be available this Summer 2018 by Appointment Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1pm -5pm.
- Please request an Appointment through this google form. (Once you submit a request, Making Center Staff will follow up to confirm an appointment time.)
*Only current students who have completed the L3 CNC Orientation can access
the shop for appointment hours.
*File submissions will not be accepted over the summer.
The E2 CNC shop will run according to L3 CNC protocols.
UPDATES FOR CNC SUPPORT WHILE THE 2 W. 13TH ST. BUILDING IS CLOSED:
- The L3 CNC Shop is closed
- All CNC processes are directed to the E2 CNC Shop.
- UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS WE KNOW MORE. Contact Hannah Mishin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- See information below for Shop Protocols in effect at the start of the Fall 2018 semester.
E2 CNC Shop
Please note that this lab is for drop-off service only.
The CNC Shop, located at 25 East 13th Street (see map), is open to all students interested in working CNC into their current projects. During our open hours, you can consult with one of our technicians to decide if CNC machining is right for your project and help you process your files for submission as well. Please keep in mind that once a job is submitted, it will take at least 3 to 5 business days to cut. During mid-terms and finals, this queue can be quite long.
Among the tools we have for CNC machining are the large ShopBot CNC router with a vacuum bed that cuts full 4’x8′ sheets of material, two Roland MDX540 4 axis CNC mills and a ShopBot Buddy CNC router.
If you are interested in additional CNC capabilities and tools, as well as our CNC training sessions, you can visit the CNC/Machine Shop at 2 West 13th Street. Sign ups for the CNC training session can be accessed from the CNC/Machine Shop resource page.
The queue for the CNC Shop consultations can be viewed here.