UPDATES FOR CNC SUPPORT WHILE THE 2 W. 13TH ST. BUILDING IS CLOSED:
- The L3 CNC Shop is closed
- All CNC processes are directed to the E2 CNC Shop
- There will be no self service CNC support. All CNC projects will be directed to the E2 CNC consultation/submission process and will then be added to the queue for staff to cut
- We’ve moved staff over from the L3 CNC Shop to provide additional support and extra hours to cut files. We will do what we can to keep the queue moving, but there may be extended wait periods.
- For students who have completed the CNC Orientation but still need to complete the homework assignment, we will be rescheduling HW assignments to be completed in the E2 shop. Reach out to Hannah Mishin if you have questions about that process.
- Feel free to reach out to Nathan Carter with any questions or concerns
Please note that this lab is for drop-off service only.
E2 CNC Shop info
The CNC Shop, located at 25 East 13th Street (see map), is open to all students interested in working CNC into their current projects. During our open hours, you can consult with one of our technicians to decide if CNC machining is right for your project and help you process your files for submission as well. Please keep in mind that once a job is submitted, it will take at least 3 to 5 business days to cut. During mid-terms and finals, this queue can be quite long.
Among the tools we have for CNC machining are the large ShopBot CNC router with a vacuum bed that cuts full 4’x8′ sheets of material, two Roland MDX540 4 axis CNC mills and a ShopBot Buddy CNC router.
If you are interested in additional CNC capabilities and tools, as well as our CNC training sessions, you can visit the CNC/Machine Shop at 2 West 13th Street. Sign ups for the CNC training session can be accessed from the CNC/Machine Shop resource page.
The queue for the CNC Shop consultations can be viewed here.