Academic Year 2020-21 Update
We are open by appointment only this fall.
Please note that orientations will not be offered in the Fall 2020 Semester. Students who were oriented in the past will retain access (see eligibility and requirements).
Reservation / Use Protocol
- Please follow the building selection and testing steps outlined in the access protocol carefully.
- Make a Technician Consultation.
- Request a seat at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus. After scheduling a technician consultation (or sometimes even during one), request a seat via getspace.newschool.edu in your relevant area.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
About the Darkroom
Darkroom lab facilities located on the fifth floor of 66 Fifth Avenue include:
- a 20-station black-and-white darkroom equipped with Bessler enlargers capable of printing 4″ x 5″ negatives
- a film developing area
- a color-balanced print viewing room that allows students to make precise color corrections
- a print finishing room for drying, pressing, and mounting photographs
** Restrictions apply. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Featured Equipment and Tools
- Bessler Enlarger