Welcome to the Black & White Darkroom!
We are open by appointment only this fall. Please see below steps to request a reservation.
To request equipment please follow these steps:
- Fill out the brief campus access survey. This will help Choose your building, and ensure you are tested.
- Make a Tech Consultation*. Click on this link or look for the flashing red button on the right-hand sidebar.
- Request a seat at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus. After scheduling a tech consultation (or sometimes even during one!), request a seat via getspace.newschool.edu relevant area.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that orientations will not be offered in the Fall 2020 Semester. Students who were oriented in the past will retain access.
Darkroom lab facilities located on the fifth floor of 66 Fifth Avenue (see map) include:
- a 20-station black-and-white darkroom equipped with Bessler enlargers capable of printing 4″ x 5″ negatives
- a film developing area
- a color-balanced print viewing room that allows students to make precise color corrections, and
- a print finishing room for drying, pressing, and mounting photographs.
** Restrictions apply. Contact ERC for more information.