Welcome to the D12 PROTOTYPING SHOP
This facility will be closed until further notice.
For the latest information from The New School, see The Year Ahead.
For updates from the Making Center, see Fall 2020.
Please see the Laser Lab and 3D Print Lab pages for access to those processes.
The D12 Prototyping Shop is located on the 12th floor of the D building at 6 East 16th Street. The lab contains laser cutting, 3d printing, and Othermill CNC capabilities as well as space for physical computing projects and small scale prototyping. Current open hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday : 12pm-7pm
Laser Cutting, 3D Printing, and Othermill CNC 👍✔️
(IMPORTANT: Bed size of laser cutters is 24" x 12")
Must make a consultation via Webcheckout
Wednesday and Friday: 12pm – 7pm
Walk in 3D Printing 👍✔️
Laser Cutting and Othermill CNC 👎❌
Tools/Machines/Open Work Areas
- Open work area for Physical Computing work with 6 x Weller WES51 Soldering machines
- Open-use mixed hardware fabrication area
- Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer
- 2 x Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printers
- 2 x Universal VLS 3.50 Desktop Laser Cutters (IMPORTANT: Bed size of laser cutters is 24″ x 12″)
- Othermill Pro Desktop CNC Machine