Academic Year 2020-21 Update
We are open primarily for contactless pick-up/returns*
We will not be able to accommodate any “walk-in” requests at this time.
* Upon approval of your request, a locker and combination will be assigned as a pick-up location.
Please note that orientations will not be offered in the Fall 2020 Semester. Students who were oriented in the past will retain access (see eligibility and requirements).
Reservation / Use Protocol
Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your desired pick-up time.
- Visit reservation.newschool.edu to select and request equipment. In some cases you will be required to complete an online consultation with a technician. If you are a new student you may need to submit an agreement form to gain access to the Patron Portal. This form will review the adjusted rules regarding checkouts from each space.
- Make a Tech Consultation.
- Pick up your equipment! Shops will be open with adjusted availability ranging from 12pm–6pm Weekdays. Students MUST fill out the daily MHealth symptom-self screening (find the personal link sent to each student via email), and bring TNS ID with you on the day or your reservation.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
About the Equipment Resource Center (ERC)
Additional Equipment Rental Centers are available at:
- Arnold Hall EQC, 55 West 13th Street, Room 102
- Media Studies Equipment Rental, 6 East 16th St., 6th floor
Featured Equipment and Tools
- AC Strobe Light Kit
- Audio Recorder
- Continuous Light Kits
- Cropped-Frame DSLR
- Digital Long Throw Projector
- Digital Short Throw Projector
- DVD/VHS Player
- Full-Frame DSLR
- Full-Frame DSLR with Video Capability
- HD Video Camera
- Large Format Cameras
- Large Tripod
- LCD Screen
- Light Modifiers
- Light Meter
- Mac Mini
- Media Player
- Medium Format Analog Camera
- Medium Tripod
- Portable Backdrop
- Portable Strobe Light Kit
- Small Tripod