Please note: The Knitting Studio will be closed until further notice. Please check hours page for the most up to date info. For the latest and most comprehensive information from The New School, visit newschool.edu/
The Machine Knitting Studio houses Silver Reed and Dubied machines. Located on the 7th floor within the L Building at 2 West 13th Street (building hours here). Room 711 is equipped with:
- 10 Silver Reed SK280 Domestic Knitting Machines
- 9 Silver Reed SK280 + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machines
- Dubied Industrial non-electric knitting machines in a variety of gauges:
- 2.5 gg x2
- 5gg x2
- 8gg x3
- 10gg x1
- 1 Bulky Gauge Brother + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machine
- Parvalux Yarn Cone Winder
- 1 hand ball winders
- 1 Steam Iron
Students must provide their own weights, transfer tools, needle pushers and blank punch cards. The knitting studio has shelves of free yarn available for student use.
PLEASE NOTE: Workshops are faculty-supervised session for students currently enrolled in Machine Knitting classes.