Welcome to the Machine Knitting Studio!
We are open by appointment only this fall. Please see below steps to request a reservation.
To use the studio please follow these steps:
- Fill out the brief campus access survey. This will help choose your building, and ensure you are tested.
- Make a Tech Consultation. Look for the flashing red button on the right-hand sidebar
- Request a seat at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus. After scheduling a tech consultation (or sometimes even during one!), request a seat via getspace.newschool.edu relevant area.
If you are not local please use the consultation button to get a tech’s help or advice regarding off-campus making-based projects.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us if you have any questions. For the most current updates visit http://resources.parsons.edu/fall2020.
Please note that orientations will not be offered in the Fall 2020 Semester. Students who completed Machine Knitting 1 or above in the past will retain access.
The below is general information. Please note that this does not reflect the Fall 2020 semester.
The Machine Knitting Studio houses Silver Reed and Dubied machines. Located on the 7th floor within the L Building at 2 West 13th Street (building hours here). Room 711 is equipped with:
- 10 Silver Reed SK280 Domestic Knitting Machines
- 9 Silver Reed SK280 + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machines
- Dubied Industrial non-electric knitting machines in a variety of gauges:
- 2.5 gg x2
- 5gg x2
- 8gg x3
- 10gg x1
- 1 Bulky Gauge Brother + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machine
- Parvalux Yarn Cone Winder
- 1 hand ball winders
- 1 Steam Iron
Students must provide their own weights, transfer tools, needle pushers and blank punch cards. The knitting studio has shelves of free yarn available for student use.
PLEASE NOTE: Workshops are faculty-supervised session for students currently enrolled in Machine Knitting classes.