The Machine Knitting Studio houses Silver Reed and Dubied machines. Located on the 7th floor within the L Building at 2 West 13th Street (building hours here). Room 711 is equipped with:
- 10 Silver Reed SK280 Domestic Knitting Machines
- 9 Silver Reed SK280 + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machines
- Dubied Industrial non-electric knitting machines in a variety of gauges:
- 2.5 gg x2
- 5gg x2
- 8gg x3
- 10gg x1
- 1 Bulky Gauge Brother + Ribber Attachment Knitting Machine
- Parvalux Yarn Cone Winder
- 1 hand ball winders
- 1 Steam Iron
Students must provide their own weights, transfer tools, needle pushers and blank punch cards. The knitting studio has shelves of free yarn available for student use.
PLEASE NOTE: Workshops are faculty-supervised session for students currently enrolled in Machine Knitting classes.