This facility will be closed until further notice.
For the latest information from The New School, see The Year Ahead.
For updates from the Making Center, see Fall 2020.
Lab is available for Graduate level Knit Programming course, as well as approved graduate students.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1 Yarn Cone Winder
- 1 Fine Gauge Hauge Linker
- 1 Mid-Gauge Hauge Linker
- 2 Bulky-Gauge Hauge Linkers
- 1 Shima Seiki SRY183LPSV7 7 gg digital Knitting Machine (flat bed)
- 1 Shima Seiki SWG091N2 10gg Digital Knitting Machine (Small Whole Garment)
- 2 Shima Seiki SDS One Apex Computer Systems
The Shima Seiki digital knitting machines are complex tools that are limited to in-class use. Please contact Maya with questions about Shima Access. Any inquiries for class projects should be made a semester in advance.