WELCOME TO THE LASER LAB
⚠️⚠️⚠️ THE LASER LAB IS CLOSED UNTIL THE END OF SEMESTER ⚠️⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️⚠️ INFORMATION ABOUT FURTHER OPEN/CLOSE TIMES WILL BE POSTED HERE AS SOON AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED ⚠️⚠️⚠️
The Laser Lab Store is now in-person only! You will need to be present at the lab to select and pay for any material!
(No Cash. Cards Only.)
1. DO NOT USE THE “ADD ATTACHMENT” BUTTON ON WEB CHECKOUT/PATRON PORTAL. EMAIL US YOUR FILE AT email@example.com
2. IF USING THE NEWEST VERSION OF ILLUSTRATOR (VERSION 24) PLEASE SAVE YOUR FILE IN A ‘LEGACY’ VERSION (File > Save As > name the file > Save > Version: Illustrator CC (Legacy) > OK)
Last day of Orientations is March 15th.
The Laser Cutting Lab consists of multiple laser cutters that can be used to cut and engrave a variety of materials. Students and faculty are required to complete an orientation before using the lab. Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD. Open hours are:
MONDAY – FRIDAY : 10am – 8pm
SATURDAY – SUNDAY : 11am-7pm
After completing an orientation, to use our Laser Cutters, you must make a consultation through the WebCheckout Patron Portal. A consultation is a 30 minute meeting where we will review your file and materials, before scheduling your time to use the machines:
- You cannot make a consultation without having taken an orientation first.
- You must have a finished file as well as all materials you plan to cut when attending a consultation.
- Consultations do not guarantee immediate use of the laser cutters. You will either have to wait until a machine is free or until your scheduled use time.
- There are no walk-in spots. You must be on the schedule.
The Laser Lab cannot facilitate class orientations.
Always read the Laser Lab approved materials list before using the Laser Lab or laser cutters.