The Open Print Lab facility located on the fifth floor of 66 Fifth Avenue (see map) is an open print lab available to all students within the School of Art, Media and Technology at Parsons School of Design. With plenty of open viewing space and equipped with Canon Professional Inkjet printers utilizing the latest in pigmented inkjet printing technology, the fifth floor space is one of many locations on campus for students to make professional-looking, high-resolution prints on their own inkjet paper.* All that is required to use the lab is a laptop** with the appropriate printer driver and software installed. Cables to connect computer to printer can be checked out from the fifth floor cage.
Open Print Lab facility includes:
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17″ Professional Photographic Inkjet Printers
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 24″ Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer
Eizo ColorEdge Monitors
* Students must provide their own paper.
** Computers are not provided, students must bring their own laptop to connect to the printers.
Students also have access to a variety of scanners and printers through IT Technology Labs.
Additional Flextight Imacon Scanners are located at:
- Arnhold Hall 8th-floor Open Lab at 55 West 13th Street
- The Innovation Center 6-th floor Open Lab at 6 E 16th Street
- D703 Computer Classroom at 6 E 16th Street
Additional Large Format Flatbed Scanners are located at:
- 6 E 16th St: lab workstations D707-01 through 03, D1131-01
- 6 E 16th St: Innovation Center D6 Lab area
- 25 E 13th St: Parsons East lab workstations E208A-14, E300A-01
- Arnhold Hall 8th fl lab workstations i802-10,11,13,14,16,23,24,31,32,33,43
Slide Scanners are located at:
- Arnhold Hall (55 West 13th St.) 8th Floor Lab.
Additional Plotters & Photo Printers locations and cost can be viewed here.