Please leave ID in 518 Specialty Sewing Lab while using this studio.
Please Note holiday hours below:
All facilities are closed for winter break Dec 19 – Jan 21.
The Shoemaking Studio is located in room 517 of the University Center. Shoe-specific machines are available to students currently enrolled in shoe classes. Machines currently available include*:
- Butcher-block worktables w/ cutting mats
- Lasting posts
- 2 plain-stitch industrial sewing machines, and 2 post machines (for shoe work only)
- skiver (faculty and technician supervision only)
- Shoe System-3-in-1-Cutter & Press
- Drill press
- Heel press
- Supreme Podo Mini bench top grinder with easy change sanding/grinding attachments
- Ironing/steaming station
- Sentry Downdraft Table (for glue application and curing)
*Students and faculty members are also able to use alternative locations and equipment listed below to complete any ongoing projects:
–Additional post machines: UC518 Sewing Specialty Room, UC429 Open Studio
-Skiver: Available in UC518 only when accompanied by a faculty or via individual appointment by email firstname.lastname@example.org
–Sander: Sanders available a N2 Wood Shop, FOR LEATHER AND WOOD ONLY, no shoe adhesives allowed.