NOTE: The Textiles/Shoemaking Suite is open to students when Student Technician is monitoring the lab OR with faculty for class time.
The Dye Lab/Shoe Construction Room (903) is locked and accessible only during class, workshop hours by a faculty member or during open lab time when a student Technician or a Staff Technician is present.
The Textiles/Shoemaking Suite is located on the 9th floor of 2 West 13th Street.
The Textiles Room (901) is equipped with:
- pattern tables
- plastic-topped wet tables
- a sink
- seven industrial plain-stitch sewing machines and a superlock machine
- ironing station
Shoemaking (902) is equipped with:
- butcher-block worktables
- 6 lasting posts
- three plain-stitch industrial sewing machines, and two post machines.
- Shoe System-3-in-1-Cutter & Press
- Heel Nailer, Sole Press
- Drill Press
- Shoe Systems Finisher
- Fume Buster Ventilation Fan
The Dye Lab/Shoe Construction Room (903) is equipped with:
- hot plates and stainless steel pots for dyeing
- Electric pan for melting batik wax
- felting pads for dry needle felting
- bins and buckets for marbling/dyeing fabric
- tools for painting and batik process on fabric