Spring Break Hours
The Textiles/Shoemaking Suite will be closed for Spring Break.
The full schedule for all Making Center resources can be seen here.
Please contact Nathan Carter if there are any questions or concerns.
NOTE: The Textiles/Shoemaking Suite is open to students when Student Technician is monitoring the lab OR with faculty for class time.
The Dye Lab/Shoe Construction Room (903) is locked and accessible only during class, workshop hours by a faculty member or during open lab time when a student Technician or a Staff Technician is present.
The Textiles/Shoemaking Suite is located on the 9th floor of 2 West 13th Street.
The Textiles Room (901) is equipped with:
- pattern tables
- plastic-topped wet tables
- a sink
- seven industrial plain-stitch sewing machines and a superlock machine
- ironing station
Shoemaking (902) is equipped with:
- butcher-block worktables
- 6 lasting posts
- three plain-stitch industrial sewing machines, and two post machines.
- Shoe System-3-in-1-Cutter & Press
- Heel Nailer, Sole Press
- Drill Press
- Shoe Systems Finisher
- Fume Buster Ventilation Fan
The Dye Lab/Shoe Construction Room (903) is equipped with:
- hot plates and stainless steel pots for dyeing
- Electric pan for melting batik wax
- felting pads for dry needle felting
- bins and buckets for marbling/dyeing fabric
- tools for painting and batik process on fabric