The Weaving Studio and Dye Lab will be closed until further notice. Please check hours page for the most up to date info. For the latest and most comprehensive information from The New School, visit newschool.edu/
Spring 2020 Spring Orientations concluded on March 13.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2-Threaded 4-harness floor looms (for Textiles Students Only)
- 2- 8-harness Macombers floor looms
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping boards, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Carding Station
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Plastic buckets for temporary 1-week storage of dyes
- Tool checkout of: carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.