Open Task Times:
Tuesdays 1-6pm, Thursdays 10am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday 12-8pm.
Please Note holiday hours below:
For Thanksgiving break all facilities will close by 5pm on Nov. 21. All facilities are closed Nov 22 – 25
For winter break facilities closed Dec 19 – Jan 22. Tuesday December 18th, L9 will close at 5pm.
In order to focus all resources to student support leading up to finals, orientations will conclude after Oct. 31. Orientations will resume at the beginning of the spring semester.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2- Threaded 4-harness Macombers floor looms, for textile courses only (12″ samples max)
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping board, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Tool checkout of: felting pads, carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.