Spring 2020 Orientations will run through Sunday, March 15.
Please note: Open task time for spring semester begins on 1/30. Due to classes in the space, Thursday Open Task time for the Dye Lab area will run from 12-4pm until 2/20, when it will extend to 6:30pm as noted on the hours tab.
The Weaving Studio area of the space will be open Thursdays 12-6:30pm from 1/30 on. Please see the calendar below for greater clarity.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2-Threaded 4-harness floor looms (for Textiles Students Only)
- 2- 8-harness Macombers floor looms
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping boards, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Carding Station
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Plastic buckets for temporary 1-week storage of dyes
- Tool checkout of: carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.