2 W 13th St, 9th floor • Hours
Open to: all New School students who have had necessary training with equipment and processes
Fall 2019 Orientations have finished for the semester. Orientation registration will reopen in the Spring 2020 semester.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2- Threaded 4-harness Macombers floor looms, for textile courses only (12″ samples max)
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping board, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Carding Station
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Tool checkout of: carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.
Weaving & Dye Lab Calendar