THE FINAL DAY OF SPRING OPEN TASK TIME IS SUNDAY 05/12
There are no orientations during the summer. ORIENTATIONS WILL RESUME IN FALL 2019.
SUMMER 2019 OPEN TASK TIME:
June 4th-August 14th,
By appointment only.
To request scheduled usage, please contact the Weaving studio/Dyelab technician: firstname.lastname@example.org
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2- Threaded 4-harness Macombers floor looms, for textile courses only (12″ samples max)
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping board, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Tool checkout of: felting pads, carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.