Welcome to the Weaving and Dye Lab!
We are open by appointment only this fall. Please see below steps to request a reservation.
To use the lab please follow these steps:
- Fill out the brief campus access survey. This will help choose your building, and ensure you are tested.
- Make a Tech Consultation. Look for the flashing red button on the right-hand sidebar
- Request a seat at least 48 hours in advance of coming to campus. After scheduling a tech consultation (or sometimes even during one!), request a seat via getspace.newschool.edu relevant area.
If you are not local please use the consultation button to get a tech’s help or advice regarding off-campus making-based projects.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Please email us if you have any questions. For the most current updates visit http://resources.parsons.edu/fall2020.
Please note that orientations will not be offered in the Fall 2020 Semester. Students who were oriented in the past will retain access.
The below is general information. Please note that this does not reflect the Fall 2020 semester.
This lab is equipped with:
- 1- Threaded 4-harness Schacht floor loom (12″ samplers max)
- 2-Threaded 4-harness floor looms (for Textiles Students Only)
- 2- 8-harness Macombers floor looms
- 8- Unthreaded 4-harness Schacht floor looms (eligible for reservation to those who qualify)
- Warping reel, Warping boards, and bobbin winder
- Umbrella swift and ball winder
- Industrial felting loom
- Carding Station
- Work tables
- Ironing station
- 2- Heat presses
- Sentry Ductless Fume Hood (for particulates)
- Induction Burners
- Dye pots (various sizes)
- Various wet processes small tools
- Plastic buckets for temporary 1-week storage of dyes
- Tool checkout of: carding paddles, drop spindles, peg looms, embroidery hoops, crochet hooks, knitting needles, peg looms w/ tapestry tools, floor loom tools, knives and cutting boards
- Various donated yarns to support student work
Studios are open to students during Open Task Times OR with faculty during registered class time.
The labs will follow building holiday hours.